Shining Pearls of Wisdom–Your PUG Tank and You
The awesome orcish hawtness that is Kadomi tweeted this beautiful little nugget from the WoW Europe forums today…it’s so good, I think it needs its own blog post. An excerpt:
This actually enrages basicly every tank, it’s pushing and annoying, and could easily be repaced by: “I’m ready ” or “Pull when you are ready”.
– If you want your tank to accidentaly let you die, use gogogogo.
– If not, just use a more friendly way to let the tank know you want to move on.
– Give the tank some time to get ready, find out what is the best way to pull the mobs, regain mana/rage etc.
– Keep in mind that the Tank might be waiting for the healer to be on full mana.
– Don’t pull. And by that I really mean, don’t pull. If you’re out of luck, the tank and healer will just let you die.
You have to read the entire post to understand just how fantastic it is. Sourabaya (the OP) pretty much hits every annoyance that a tank can run into when tanking a PUG. “Helpful” pullers, people ragging on your gear, the “zomg pull fastur u noob” spam, it’s all there.
I may have a deeper post on this later, but honestly, I don’t think I can add very much to what Sourabaya posted. Read it for now, and maybe I can find a different tack on this later on this week.