I’d like to thank the Academy
Well, it looks like my hard work (*snrk*) on this blog is finally paying off. Yep, that’s right, kids, I has me an award…
…um. Yeah. I don’t know what Honest Scrap is. I think the last time I saw this sign was on the wall at a Cracker Barrel somewhere in Georgia. But I guess it means I’m, well, honest. And scrappy. Or maybe broken-down, which is how I feel some days.
Oh well, anyway. Meme, I has it. I’ve been tagged on this one by two folks–Stop over at The Stoppable Force and Tarsus at Tanking for Dummies. The rules on the meme–there’s always fine print on these things, kids, remember that–are thus:
- When accepting this auspicious award, you must write a post bragging about it, including the name of the misguided soul who thinks you deserve such acclaim, and link back to the said person so everyone knows she/he is real.
- Choose a minimum of seven (7) blogs that you find brilliant in content or design. Or improvise by including bloggers who have no idea who you are because you don’t have seven friends. Show the seven random victims’ names and links and leave a harassing comment informing them that they were prized with Honest Weblog. Well, there’s no prize, but they can keep the nifty icon.
- List at least ten (10) honest things about yourself. Then pass it on!
Well, I already covered number 1. Number 2, we’ll get to in a second, because I’m feeling rebellious and don’t want to do them in order, so nyah. So that leaves number 3, 10 honest things about myself. Hokai, here goes nuttin’…
- I’ve held an FCC Amateur Radio license since 1992. And no, I’m not telling you my callsign; those things are public record and can be used to look up addresses.
- I’m 42 years old, which makes me (IIRC) the second-oldest person in our raid, and not by much.
- I really want to take my family and go to Australia someday for an extended vacation.
- I have a huge phobia about stinging insects. If a wasp gets in the house, my wife kills it.
- I don’t drink coffee. I am the only IT worker in the world that does not drink coffee. I am a diet cola fiend.
- I am a type 2 diabetic and really should be taking better care of myself.
- I suck worse at PvP than Stop does. Seriously. I am absolutely horrible at it. Even when I was grinding honor in AV before Burning Crusade came out, I sucked at it.
- I proposed to my wife on the beach at Kiawah Island, South Carolina. Yes, I got down on one knee. Yes, she had to help me back up.
- My other major gameplaying interest is flight simulation. My Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004 install is over 50 GB.
- I love The Barrens. Seriously. I do. Westfall can die in a nuclear explosion, but I just love The Barrens.
Now, I need to find 7 blogs that haven’t yet been tagged, brilliant in content or design. Much like the old joke about finding virgins in West Virginia, this ain’t gonna be easy. Some of these have been tagged by other people, I’m sure, but oh well…
- Binary Colors. It’s not just that Varenna’s a guildmate of my dwarf. She’s sharp, she’s insightful, she curses like a sailor with Tourette’s but knows when to use it. Plus, she’s a great writer, awesome RPer, and for a little slip of a human girl, damn that paladin can tank.
- Mad Cow Chronicles (formerly Mooonfire!). Neat layout, great content, and lots of Tauren. Always a plus.
- The Twisted Nether Blogcast. A great WoW-themed podcast featuring the best WoW bloggers around.
- WoW, Eh? How can you not like a WoW-themed comic with a ton of inside Canadian jokes?
- WTT: RP. A great blog about roleplaying and associated topics, put together by several friends from Feathermoon.
And that’s pretty much it. Most everybody else in my blogroll’s gotten tagged already. This either means that (a) WoW bloggers are a small incestuous community or (b) I’ve got one hell of a quality blogroll. Obviously, it’s the latter.