Sleepy Saturday morning random thoughts
A few random thoughts tossed out while trying to wake up on a cloudy, rainy Saturday morning after plopping my daughter down in front of a Backyardigans DVD…
– You may have noticed a distinct lack of 3.1 and PTR information. Honestly, there are a squillion places to find information from the PTR that’s a lot faster and more complete than anything I could put together, and chances are you already know where they are. (If you don’t, try some of my blogroll.) Plus, I try (often unsuccessfully) to avoid getting caught up in the back-and-forth hysteria from PTR build to PTR build. Particularly this early in the cycle, things change so fast that it’s not much use freaking out over, say, the 10% “pwn tax” on Titan’s Grip damage. Once things get closer to release, I start paying more attention and use the information to plan what I’m going to do after the patch drops. Besides, I test software 40+ hours a week for a living. I kind of like to leave it at work when I get home.
– Itanya Blade (one of the Anvil’s raid officers) makes a good point over here. It applies in WoW as much as it does in the real world, because when you’re dealing with a raid, you are dealing with the real world–25+ people with real lives and real problems. Communication is key.
– I’ve finally closed most of the gear gap between Linedan and the other tanks in our raid. Not all, but most. The final link was biting the bullet and dropping the 1050g on an Armor-Plated Combat Shotgun. Expensive? Yeah. But since I’m working on Ebon Blade dailies now (40% of the way to Exalted), money isn’t that big an issue–at least I can break even over my repair bills, and a bit extra. And while four digits is aspensive for sure, from what I’ve seen price-wise, it’s not all that much more expensive than gathering the needed eternals. In the old money-vs.-time tradeoff, this time I chose money.
– I did something similar with Beltar. He went from over 3000 gold down to 45 gold in two days after buying five pieces of armor, a Nesingwary 4000, and a scope on the AH. It’s the curse of an alt who doesn’t get all that many cracks at instance runs. But, now he’s doing about 1500 dps combined with his cat in heroics…maybe ready for Naxx 10? Not sure. I may get the chance to find out this weekend.
– In other Beltar-related news, he has a new pet for instancing, a Cursed Offspring of Har’koa that he’s named Longpaw, also called “Bigballs.” (Don’t ask.) I thought I was being a unique and special snowflake by grabbing the silver, spotty, glowy-eyed cat. Uh, no. I’ve seen nine of them in two days. He can’t do a spirit beast since he’s marks, so at least I’m not tempted to do that endless search.
– Now Illithanis is 51 in BM, and can tame Loque’nahak, and she’s level 76, and my wife already has one on her hunter. Get her to 77, get her slow-flying back again, and maayyyyybe…
– Moktor’s 70. Still wearing a purple steel bustier that she’s falling out of, and still overpowered as all hell.