Anna’s RP Friday Five: Keeping Up Appearances
Today’s RP Friday Five over at Too Many Annas is about “Keeping Up Appearances.” Here’s the questions, and my answers:
1. Describe your characters general appearance – is it exactly what you see in the avatar?
My characters look generally like their toons. Beltar’s a little shorter and scrawnier, Lin is actually even bigger, Illithanis is pretty much dead on as to what her blood elf toon is size-wise. In terms of their features, they match up with their in-game looks; it’s easier for me to keep straight that way.
2. What are their opinions on baths/showers/etc?
I’m not sure what Tauren bathing habits are like, but Linedan generally doesn’t worry about it too much unless he knows he’s going to be around people he knows (such as Monday night RP), then he’ll clean up. It’s more a luxury than a necessity. Beltar likes baths for the pleasurable feeling of hot water more than for the actual practicality of being clean; he spent enough time on the road that he’s used to roughing it and doing without for a while. Illithanis likes to be clean, and enjoys a long hot soak as a luxury, but again, with her being a Farstrider type, she’s used to long stretches in the woods where she’d have to settle for a dip in a freezing lake.
3. Do they fuss about their looks (and if female, wear makeup)?
Linedan and Beltar could both care less. Lin doesn’t care what his armor looks like as long as it protects him and it’s structurally sound; Beltar’s mostly the same way. Beltar’s only exception is if he’s back in Ironforge and has one of his occasional dates at the Stonefire Tavern with Bretta Goldfury (the gun seller)…those, he’ll clean himself up for. Illithanis almost never wears makeup–mascara gets in your eyes when you’re trying to stick an arrow through somebody–but she does take care of her appearance and keeps her armor and clothing looking as neat as possible.
4. If they could pick an outfit out of an infinite closet, what would it look like?
Linedan: Big, nasty, gnarly, matching saronite plate armor. Beltar: Black shirt, gray pants, black boots, and his favorite red fedora. (The fact that the fedora summons beer makes it his favorite.) Illithanis: Simple and comfortable linen shirt with a leather vest or overshirt, linen or leather pants depending on the weather, comfortable boots. Colors would be muted woodland colors, heavy on the greens because green is her historic family color.
5. For the guys – boxers, briefs, or commando trousers? For the girls – bikinis, thongs, or boyshorts? (This is not my question. You can go thank Jess for it. I’m still not sure I should even think about posting it. I can see my spam comment count going through the roof already! And yes, you really do want to click on and read about commando trousers. Just, don’t be drinking anything, or you’re likely to end up with it in your nose.)
Linedan: loincloth. Beltar: commando if he’s just hanging out around town (pun intended), briefs or boxers if he’s out in the world killing, for protection against mail pinching certain places. Illithanis: bikinis, with long johns and a linen shift under her armor and shirt in cold weather.