The Anvil Wants You, Part Deux
Hi. I’m Linedan. And it’s time for my every-so-often raid recruiting blog post.
The Anvil is a Hordeside 25-man raid on Feathermoon-US (a Pacific timezone RP server). We are currently 12/14 Ulduar, with only The Yoggster left to go on non-hard-mode 25, and 4/5 25-normal ToC (more on that later) with a few Ulduar hardish modes under our belt. We raid Thursday nights from 6 to 9, and Friday nights from 6:30 to 9:30 (Pacific time). We also have a couple of 10-mans that are not technically part of the Anvil but are run by and composed of Anvil members, and we have a chat channel and Ventrilo available for use for raids, instances, PvP, Silvermoon cyb0rz, whatever. You do not need to join one of our component guilds to be a part of the raid.
Right now, Real Life has cost us a couple of our regular healers. So, we needs us some replacements. We need healers, of any class, that are good, competent, strong, and secure in the knowledge that the big cow in the plate is the one that should really be getting most of the heals. Really.
I know nothing about healing other than needing a lot of it, so as far as I know, here are the prerequisites for the job:
- You need some spellpower. I think somewhere between “a lot” and “a metric shitload” (which is, as you know, 0.6 of an Imperial shitload) is sufficient.
– The more flashy procs, effects and symbols that happen when you cast, the better. If you can singlehandedly cause an epileptic seizure by casting a Flash Heal, that’s bonus points.
– Disc priests are wonderful, but Regatta may challenge you to a trial by combat, or a bake-off, her choice. Watch out for the pig, he’ll cheat.
– Bonus points also if you’ve got a DPS spec and would be willing to pew-pew or bonk-bonk on some occasions. Flexibility is always good. And remember, Smite is a valid spell.
– The ability to psychically interpret what Ghaar says during healing assignments and understand that when he says “whelps,” he means “you’re healing the raid.”
– A love for burop soup, burop fish, burop chowder, burop strudel, and burop fish chowder strudel a la mode.
– The ability to keep both tanks alive while simultaneously cranking out bad puns. Also, a deep and heartfelt desire to teabag Varian Wrynn is a huge plus, especially if you want to rip his own testicles off and use them to do it.
If you would like to join our merry band of maniacs as we prepare to turn Yogg-Saron into so much gelatinous loot pinata and impress the hell outta the ladies in the crowd at the Argent Tournament of What the Fuck Are We Doing Here Instead of Kicking Arthas’ Ass, please head over to the Thundering Hammer Clan forums to get in touch with one of our highly-trained raid occifers for an interview, drug screening, psychological profile, and prostate exam. Bribes happily accepted. Operators are standing by, call now!